Shop Ceiling Lights by CategoryView All Ceiling Lights
Learn More About Ceiling Lights
Why We Love Ceiling Lights
Today’s ceiling lights come in a versatile array of options suited to both indoor and outdoor spaces, with options ranging from sleek single-light pendants to bold industrial-style flushmounts.
Our selection includes iconic lighting manufacturers and designers like Jonathan Adler, Kichler and Artemide. Choose from understated flushmounts that provide soft ambient lighting or statement-making LED fixtures with ultramodern designs. From chandeliers and suspensions by Visual Comfort to elegant ceiling lights by Feiss Lighting, there is a wide range of styles and types of lighting to choose from.
Understanding Different Ceiling Light Types
- Chandeliers & Linear Suspension: These decorative fixtures are meant to be displayed over dining tables and grand entryways. Chandeliers are available in linear (rectangular) designs, crystal designs, Sputnik-style and more.
- Pendant Lighting: Similar in design to chandeliers, pendant lights hang lower from the ceiling and can be used independently or in clusters.
- Close-to-Ceiling Lights: Flush or semi-flush ceiling lights are best for rooms with low hanging ceilings where a hanging fixture may not work.
- Track & Monorail Lighting: A decidedly architectural look, these fixtures use directional spotlights or a string of mini pendants to offer focused illumination.
- Recessed Lighting: Recessed lights install directly inside of the ceiling and provide overhead lighting.
Ceiling Light Installation
Thoroughly measure the area where you are installing a ceiling light. The diameter and height of the light are the two most important dimensions, and the suspension of the fixture is dependent on where it is installed. Check out our guide on how to choose the right ceiling light size to learn more. Make a note of your ceiling light parts and accessories and the existing electrical wiring you'll be working with. We recommend consulting with your electrician to discuss any questions or concerns you may have before installing a new light.
Not all ceiling lights are suitable for all spaces. For example, sloped ceilings are not ideal for some flushmount lighting. Pendant lighting, recessed lights and chandeliers are a better option. Additionally, note whether your light is suitable for wet or damp areas, like bathrooms or patios. Whether you’re searching for kitchen lighting that makes a statement or looking to swap out an old fixture in your dining room for a modern ceiling lamp, the possibilities are virtually endless.
Elegant overhead lighting lends a sleek style. Perfect for your kitchen, dining, entry, office, or contract setting, the Axel Pendant by Leucos Lighting provides beautiful illumination. Hung from a ceiling canopy supported by three suspension cables, this pendant features a ...
Designed in 1952, the George Nelson™ Bubble Lamps® by Herman Miller® were an important player in defining mid-century modern design, and are so iconic that they are part of the permanent collection of the MoMA in New York. Made with ...
The Boyd Lighting Hoopla LED Pendant is an elegant statement of minimalistic, architectural design, featuring a lasso-shaped structure with a seamless ring of downlight. The Hoopla was designed as an unostentatious lighting solution that wouldn’t “clutter” spaces—and the result is ...
The Nelson™ Bubble Lamps® by Herman Miller® are considered icons of mid-century modern design since their introduction in 1952, featuring the famed spray-coated plastic material that hugs a steel wire frame. The Nelson Lantern Bubble Pendant has a frame that ...