The Fritz Hansen Super-Elliptical Pedestal Base Table was inspired by designer Piet Hein’s solution to a traffic problem at Sergels Torg in Stockholm: a super elliptical roundabout. As a table, the form is harmonious and user-friendly; everyone can see everyone else around the table. Available in a variety of tabletop materials, all on a star-shaped pedestal base.
Established in 1872 in Copenhagen, Fritz Hansen has since come to epitomize the mid-century Danish Modern aesthetic. Blending craftsmanship with innovation, Fritz Hansen is particularly well-noted for their laminated and molded wood veneer furniture. Pieces from Vico Magistretti, Piero Lissoni and, especially, Arne Jacobsen have become icons of modern furniture design.
The Super-Elliptical Pedestal Base Table is available with the following:
- Laminate, wood veneer or linoleum top with beveled edge profile
- Laminate and Linoleum tables have a Matte Polished aluminum edge
- Beech table has a wood edge
- Walnut has a wood or Matte Polished aluminum edge
- 6-point star-shaped base in Satin Polished aluminum with a Satin Chromed steel pedestal
- Made in Denmark
- Designed by Piet Hein and Bruno Mathsson, 1968
Walnut with Aluminum,
- Item: Height 28.35", Width 59.1", Depth 39.38"
- Fritz Hansen is dedicated to preserving the legacy of their original furniture designs. To this end, all authentic Fritz Hansen products come with a label that has a unique ID number, the name of the designer, the year of manufacture and origin. A personally signed certificate is also included, showing that the piece has gone through Fritz Hansen's premium quality check.
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.
Check out what other customers think...