Designed by Arne Jacobsen in 1952, the Fritz Hansen Ant 4 Leg Chair - Natural Veneer varies from the original Ant with an additional leg and a slightly taller stance. It is otherwise exactly the same, with slim legs of chromed steel and a natural wood veneer seat cut and curved into that distinctive Ant form.
Established in 1872 in Copenhagen, Fritz Hansen has since come to epitomize the mid-century Danish Modern aesthetic. Blending craftsmanship with innovation, Fritz Hansen is particularly well-noted for their laminated and molded wood veneer furniture. Pieces from Vico Magistretti, Piero Lissoni and, especially, Arne Jacobsen have become icons of modern furniture design.
The Ant 4 Leg Chair - Natural Veneer is available with the following:
- Back and seat made of laminated, pressure molded veneer
- Beech inner veneer and outer veneer as selected
- Outer veneer wood grain is visible
- Legs made of chromed steel tubes with black synthetic feet
- Made in Denmark
- Designed by Arne Jacobsen, 1952
Dark Stained Oak,
- Item: Height 31.7", Width 20", Depth 18.9"
- Seat: Height 18.3"
- Fritz Hansen is dedicated to preserving the legacy of their original furniture designs. To this end, all authentic Fritz Hansen products come with a label that has a unique ID number, the name of the designer, the year of manufacture and origin. A personally signed certificate is also included, showing that the piece has gone through Fritz Hansen's premium quality check.
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.
Check out what other customers think...