When he founded his company in 1908 in Odense, Denmark, Carl Hansen was determined to prove that high-quality craftsmanship and efficient mass production could work well together. To this day, Carl Hansen & Son furniture--mostly the continually popular Danish Modern designs of the 1930s through the 1960s--is swiftly produced by hand, combining the best materials possible with traditional woodworking techniques and the latest manufacturing technologies.
The OW149-2 Colonial Sofa is available with the following:
- Designed by Ole Wanscher in 1964
- Material: Leather upholstery
- Fill Material: Cold foam
- Frame Material: Solid wood, cotton webbing
- Made In Denmark
Finish: Oak - Black, Oak - Lacquered, Oak - Oiled, Oak - Soaped, Oak - White Oiled, Walnut - Lacquered, Walnut - Oiled
Fabric: SIF 90 Leather, SIF 95 Leather, SIF 98 Leather
- Item Length 48.8", Width 26.8", Height 33.5", Depth 26.8":
- Seat Height 18.1":
- For everyday care of Carl Hansen wood furniture, simply wipe clean with a soft cloth and lukewarm water. (Cleaning agents or chemicals are not recommended.) Lacquered furniture requires no further maintenance. For soap and oil finishes, however, reapplication every 4-6 weeks is recommended for long term beauty and strength:
- Soaped Finish- Create a solution using wood soap or high-quality soap flakes. Lightly sand wood with very fine sandpaper, and apply soap solution. Wait 10 minutes, and then wipe with clean cloth to remove excess soap. Let dry. Oiled Finish- Clean with hot water and let dry. Lightly sand wood with very fine sandpaper, and apply furniture oil with clean cloth in direction of grain. Let dry for 2 hours, and then wipe with dry cloth to remove excess oil.
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.
Related Searches and Products
Arne Jacobsen's impeccable sense of line and proportion is what gives the Fritz Hansen Series 3300 3-Seat Leather Sofa its innate formal elegance. It features sharply tailored leather upholstery and a sleek, minimalist steel frame. A piece that is as ...
The Gus Modern Harbord Loft Bi-Sectional Sofa is a versatile, compact sectional with details inspired by mid-century techniques. There is blind-tufted upholstery, flanged arms and tapered wood legs with stringers. The chaise can be placed on the right or left, ...