FREE SHIPPING on orders over $50.
A company marked by excellence in inventive materials, Arturo Alvarez was founded in 1994 in Spain and continues to push the envelope with truly unique lighting solutions. Always in search of new textures and techniques, Arturo Alvarez has taken it upon himself to develop his own materials, which have received high profile awards for innovation. Such ingenuity and hard work resulted in SIMETECH®, a handmade material created with stainless steel mesh that was patented in 2014. By embracing organic forms and cutting-edge technology, Arturo Alvarez strives to create original lighting through constant investigation and discovery.
The Coral Reef Pendant is available with the following:
- Designed by Arturo Alvarez in 2011
- Awards: Interior Design Magazine Best of Year (2014) for SIMETECH
- Material: SIMETECH® (stainless steel mesh), nickel-plated steel canopy and suspension cable
- SIMETECH® is a patented handmade material composed of a stainless steel mesh with an applied silicone covering
- Material awarded under the "Innovative Translucent Shading/Lighting Solution" category
- Highly malleable and moldable material that creates organic volumes and shapes
- Low flammability: resistant up to 960º
- Inspired by the beauty and richness of coral reefs
- Field-adjustable transparent suspension cable
- 3.2 inch Round Nickel canopy
- UL Listed
- Made In Spain
Finish: Black, Grey, Orange, White, Yellow
- One 100 Watt (1150 Lumens) 120 Volt E26 Medium Base Incandescent Lamp(s) (Not Included)
LumensThe amount of light that comes from a bulb, which has commonly been measured in watts. The more lumens, the brighter the bulb.
WattageA measurement of the power delivered to a component of an electric circuit (allowing a one-ampere current to flow through the component under the pressure of 1 volt.)
Bulb ShapeBulb shapes are denoted with a letter, which describes the shape, and a number, which indicates the size. The number indicates the diameter of the light bulb at its widest part in eighths of an inch.
BaseThe part of the bulb that connects to the fixture and its power supply. Bulb bases are denoted with the letter E, and a number which indicates the diameter of the bulb base at its widest part in millimeters.
VoltageIndicates how much voltage a bulb can accept via the fixture it's installed in.
Light Color TemperatureThe relative color from a light source, measured on the Kelvin temperature scale. Warm light is lower in color temperature (2700-3000 K) and cool, blue light is higher (5000 K).
Average Rated LifeThe average amount time that a bulb is expected to last.
CRICRI = color rendering index. This number, which can go from 0 to 100, measures the ability of a light or bulb accurately renders colors. The higher the number, the better, with most quality bulbs these days measuring at least in the 80s.
- Canopy Diameter 3.15":
- Fixture Height 23.62", Diameter 7.87", Weight 3.1 Lbs.:
- Suspension Length 59.06":
Manufacturer IDs: view
CORE04-A, CORE04-B, CORE04-G, CORE04-N, CORE04-NA
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.
Related Searches and Products
A tangled mass of fibers embraces light in the Arturo Alvarez Caos A Pendant, finding beauty in chaos. Constantly discovering new materials, Alvarez utilizes a pressed recycled cellulose cord with highly durable qualities, staying true to environmentally conscious methods of ...
The Currey and Company Marlow Pendant embodies a beautiful interpretation of American traditionalism. The wrought iron accents give the piece just enough colonial feel while still keeping the piece somewhat modern. A single bulb illuminates from the center of a ...
Thick tresses of cord tangle and enclose the light source in the Arturo Alvarez Caos B Pendant, finding beauty in chaos. Constantly discovering new materials, Alvarez utilizes a pressed recycled cellulose cord with highly durable qualities, staying true to environmentally ...