According to Ingo Maurer, the incandescent bulb is an irreplaceable icon, one that gives lighting designs a means to fly. In the case of the Ingo Maurer Birdie Chandelier, such flight is literal. Twelve incandescent bulbs (with halogen innards) are allowed to flutter about the curling metal wire frame with their white goose feather wings.
For more than 40 years Ingo Maurer has created somewhat irreverent and thought-provoking designs in a method that is more exo-modern than contemporary. These experimentalist collections enliven fashion runways, monuments and private homes, giving Ingo Maurer lighting a name that resounds in the minds of the design-forward.
The Birdie Chandelier is available with the following:
- 12 winged bulbs
- White goose feather wings
- Metal frame
- Round ceiling canopy with 3 integrated 75 watt transformers and US adapter plate
- Suspension cables
- Suspension kit available for higher ceilings (please call customer service for info)
- 2 spare bulbs included
- Not suitable for damp locations
- Not UL/ETL Listed
- Made in Germany
- Designed by Ingo Maurer
- Fixture: Height 39.4", Diameter 27.6"
- Ensure that the light bulbs do not touch the wings. Care Instructions: The goose feather wings can be cleaned carefully with a soft paintbrush. A microfibre cloth should be used for the transformer housing and the wires.
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.
Check out what other customers think...