FREE SHIPPING on orders over $75.
Rock 'n' roll lumberjacks. That pretty much sums up the punk rock-loving, Toronto-based design team of Castor Design. Experiments in upcycling have resulted in an eclectic array of contemporary lighting and accessories. Castor Design pieces are smart, industrial and elegant--and definitely tongue-in-cheek. Salvaged materials are given a new, bright life, such as old burnt-out light bulbs being turned into a shade for another fixture.
The Conic Section Pendant is available with the following:
- Designed in 2014
- Material: Aluminum and steel
- Shields can be rotated to control the direction of reflected light
- Aluminum shields are cut at different angles to produce the curves
- Inspired by conic section mathematical principles
- Field-cuttable suspension cord
- Made In Canada
Finish: Black, White
Option: Hyperbola, Parabola, Ellipse, Circle
- One 8 Watt (900 Lumens) 120 Volt E26 Medium Base LED Lamp(s) (Not Included)
LumensThe amount of light that comes from a bulb, which has commonly been measured in watts. The more lumens, the brighter the bulb.
WattageA measurement of the power delivered to a component of an electric circuit (allowing a one-ampere current to flow through the component under the pressure of 1 volt.)
Bulb ShapeBulb shapes are denoted with a letter, which describes the shape, and a number, which indicates the size. The number indicates the diameter of the light bulb at its widest part in eighths of an inch.
BaseThe part of the bulb that connects to the fixture and its power supply. Bulb bases are denoted with the letter E, and a number which indicates the diameter of the bulb base at its widest part in millimeters.
VoltageIndicates how much voltage a bulb can accept via the fixture it's installed in.
Light Color TemperatureThe relative color from a light source, measured on the Kelvin temperature scale. Warm light is lower in color temperature (2700-3000 K) and cool, blue light is higher (5000 K).
Average Rated LifeThe average amount time that a bulb is expected to last.
CRICRI = color rendering index. This number, which can go from 0 to 100, measures the ability of a light or bulb accurately renders colors. The higher the number, the better, with most quality bulbs these days measuring at least in the 80s.
- Circle Option Cord: Length 96"
- Circle Option Fixture: Height 13", Diameter 10"
- Circle Option Suspension: Length 109"
- Ellipse Option Cord: Length 96"
- Ellipse Option Fixture: Height 13", Diameter 10"
- Ellipse Option Suspension: Length 109"
- Hyperbola Option Cord: Length 96"
- Hyperbola Option Fixture: Height 13", Diameter 10"
- Hyperbola Option Suspension: Length 109"
- Parabola Option Cord: Length 96"
- Parabola Option Fixture: Height 13", Diameter 10"
- Parabola Option Suspension: Length 109"
Manufacturer IDs: view
COL-CL, COL-E, COL-H, COL-P
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.
Related Searches and Products
Light grey goose feathers surround the bright core of the Vita Copenhagen Eos Brown Pendant, a design that is a statement of humane practices and sustainable production. The feathers are procured responsibly, sanitized and repurposed for the fixture, then attached ...
The Dark Lighting Metropolis Pendant is an abstract translucent block of the modern age that inspired a comic book series. The icy assemblage glows from within, stirring notions of lit skylines, architectural marvels and urban life of the twentieth century. ...
The George Nelson™ Bubble Lamps® by Herman Miller® have reached the realm of iconic design since their introduction in 1952, featuring the famed spray-coated plastic material that hugs a steel wire frame. The George Nelson Saucer Criss Cross Bubble Pendant ...