When he founded his company in 1908 in Odense, Denmark, Carl Hansen was determined to prove that high-quality craftsmanship and efficient mass production could work well together. To this day, Carl Hansen & Son furniture--mostly the continually popular Danish Modern designs of the 1930s through the 1960s--is swiftly produced by hand, combining the best materials possible with traditional woodworking techniques and the latest manufacturing technologies.
The FH429 Signature Chair is available with the following:
- Designed by Frits Henningsen in 1954
- Material: Leather upholstery
- Frame Material: Solid wood
- Made In Denmark
Finish: Oak - Lacquered, Oak - Oiled, Oak - Soaped, Oak - White Oiled, Walnut - Lacquered, Walnut - Oiled
Fabric: SIF 90 Leather, SIF 95 Leather, SIF 98 Leather
- Item Width 26.4", Height 40.2", Depth 35":
- Seat Height 16.1":
- For everyday care of Carl Hansen wood furniture, simply wipe clean with a soft cloth and lukewarm water. (Cleaning agents or chemicals are not recommended.) Lacquered furniture requires no further maintenance. For soap and oil finishes, however, reapplication every 4-6 weeks is recommended for long term beauty and strength:
- Soaped Finish- Create a solution using wood soap or high-quality soap flakes. Lightly sand wood with very fine sandpaper, and apply soap solution. Wait 10 minutes, and then wipe with clean cloth to remove excess soap. Let dry. Oiled Finish- Clean with hot water and let dry. Lightly sand wood with very fine sandpaper, and apply furniture oil with clean cloth in direction of grain. Let dry for 2 hours, and then wipe with dry cloth to remove excess oil.
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.
Related Searches and Products
Stylish modular seating? Check. The Gan Rugs Bandas Chair B has a unique checkerboard/stripe pattern that's made by hand looming, crocheting and embroidering a blend of 100% new wool yarns. Foam rubber fill and a solid wood frame provide structure ...