For the Smithfield light series, Jasper Morrison took inspiration from light fixtures in London's historical Smithfield meat market. Says Morrison, "I've always liked the industrial and functional character of these lights, and wanted to make a project out of them, looking for some way of making use of their efficiency in delivering light." The Flos Smithfield S Suspension has an aluminum shade with a injection-molded polycarbonate diffuser.
Flos was first established in 1962 in Merano, Italy, to produce high quality modern lighting. This Italian lighting company continues to do so to this day by collaborating with talented international designers and researching the latest lighting technologies and materials. Resulting Flos lighting fixtures are daring and provocative, yet uphold the fundamental principles of good design.
The Smithfield S Suspension is available with the following:
- Aluminum shade with opalescent bottom polycarbonate diffuser
- Aluminum body
- Ceiling canopy
- 98.42 in. steel suspension cable
- Designed by Jasper Morrison
- Halogen option utilizes one 230 Watt 120 Volt Type R7S Halogen lamp (not included).
- Fluorescent option utilizes three 24 Watt 120 Volt Type 2G11 Fluorescent lamps (not included).
- Fixture: Height 8.46", Diameter 23.62"
- Suspension: Length Adjustable To 106.89"
- Cable: Length 98.42"
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.
Check out what other customers think...