Founded in 2007 in Seattle, Washington, Graypants is the creative brainchild of architects Seth Grizzle and Jonathan Junker. Known for their acclaimed first line of pendant lights made entirely of repurposed cardboard, Graypants has matured into an industrial and product design studio with a diverse portfolio of lighting focused on responsible production. Each pendant is characterized by this philosophy of local and sustainable production, and the company has even branched out to the European market stationed in Amsterdam. Never losing sight of the fun in designing, Graypants is young, fresh and current, meeting the demands of today's need for sustainable design.
The Sun White Scraplight Pendant is available with the following:
- Designed by Jonathan Junker, Seth Grizzle in 2016
- Finish: White
- Material: Handmade cardboard shade with steel structure
- Sandblasted glass bottom diffuser
- Field-adjustable white suspension cord
- Round white ceiling canopy
- UL Listed
- Made In Netherlands
Size: Small, Large
Light Option: E26 Medium Base, GU24 Base
- Small Option: Four 23 Watt (1600 Lumens) 120 Volt GU24 Base Fluorescent Lamp(s) (Not Included)
- Small Option: Four 72 Watt (1490 Lumens) 120 Volt E26 Medium Base Halogen Lamp(s) (Not Included)
- Large Option: Six 23 Watt (1600 Lumens) 120 Volt GU24 Base Fluorescent Lamp(s) (Not Included)
- Large Option: Six 72 Watt (1490 Lumens) 120 Volt E26 Medium Base Halogen Lamp(s) (Not Included)
LumensThe amount of light that comes from a bulb, which has commonly been measured in watts. The more lumens, the brighter the bulb.
WattageA measurement of the power delivered to a component of an electric circuit (allowing a one-ampere current to flow through the component under the pressure of 1 volt.)
Bulb ShapeBulb shapes are denoted with a letter, which describes the shape, and a number, which indicates the size. The number indicates the diameter of the light bulb at its widest part in eighths of an inch.
BaseThe part of the bulb that connects to the fixture and its power supply. Bulb bases are denoted with the letter E, and a number which indicates the diameter of the bulb base at its widest part in millimeters.
VoltageIndicates how much voltage a bulb can accept via the fixture it's installed in.
Light Color TemperatureThe relative color from a light source, measured on the Kelvin temperature scale. Warm light is lower in color temperature (2700-3000 K) and cool, blue light is higher (5000 K).
Average Rated LifeThe average amount time that a bulb is expected to last.
CRICRI = color rendering index. This number, which can go from 0 to 100, measures the ability of a light or bulb accurately renders colors. The higher the number, the better, with most quality bulbs these days measuring at least in the 80s.
- Large Option Canopy Diameter 5":
- Large Option Cord Length 96":
- Large Option Fixture Height 42.5", Diameter 48":
- Large Option Maximum Hanging Length 138.5":
- Small Option Canopy Diameter 5":
- Small Option Cord Length 96":
- Small Option Fixture Height 28", Diameter 32":
- Small Option Maximum Hanging Length 124":
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.
Related Searches and Products
From functional box to fashionable beauty, the Graypants Disc Scraplight Pendant transforms ordinary packing material into extraordinarily creative lighting. DISC, with its shapely figure and unique light diffusion, presents a warm, modern alternative to cold contemporary plastic lights while benefiting ...
Feel the Beat. The Tom Dixon Beat Light White Pendant - Wide has a touchably textural hand-beaten brass interior, which is set in warm, golden contrast to the bright and glossy white lacquered exterior. A stunning piece that's dramatic on ...
Rooted in the principal aesthetics under which company was originally founded, the Forestier Mesh Medium White Pendant is composed of finely gauged, finely bent metal wire (the kind that would be used to support, say, topiary). Echoing the contours of ...