An Update to Our Customers on COVID-19
In This Together
We’re pleased to share that Lumens has partnered with RBW Studio to bring Personal Protective Equipment to hospital workers facing the COVID-19 pandemic in the hard-hit New York City region. RBW has paused production on their lighting designs in their Brooklyn studio and, together with Budmen Industries and iMakr, has developed a 3D printing process to manufacture face shields for healthcare needs. Lumens has contributed a direct donation to help boost the number of face shields RBW can produce, which now stands at 4,500 units already delivered and an additional 3,500 units on the way to hospitals including SOMA NJ, NY Presbyterian, NYU Langone, Bellevue, Metropolitan Hospital, Milstein Hospital, Brooklyn Hospital Center and St. Barnabas Hospital. We’d like to thank RBW Studio, Budmen Industries and iMakr for this remarkable effort.
Dear Lumens Community,
We wanted to share the steps we are taking at Lumens to ensure the safety of our employees, to do our part to help slow the spread of COVID-19 within our local communities, and to continue to serve you, our valued customers.
The health and safety of our employees is of utmost importance to us. To ensure the well-being of our team, we have:
- Eliminated all business travel
- Closed our offices
- Moved most team members to remote work and provided technology support
- Increased cleaning protocols at our warehouse facilities
- Closed our showroom, per local government directive
Our goal remains to continue to deliver our award-winning service to our customers who may be in the middle of renovation projects or who may be looking to enhance their environments as they spend more time at home. To support our customers in this time, we:
- Continue to offer sales and customer service support Monday to Friday from 6am – 5pm PT and Saturday from 7am – 3:30pm PT, via phone (877-445-4486), chat, or email
- Secured inventory of our most popular products and made it easier to locate in stock items on our website
- Clearly communicate when our partner brands have temporarily closed their warehouses and recommend alternate in-stock products on the site or through our sales and support teams
- Continue to work closely with our carriers and vendors, who are also impacted, to deliver your orders as soon as possible. Many in stock items continue to ship same day so you can keep moving forward with your projects
- Have eliminated white-glove, in-home deliveries until it is safe to resume this level of service. In the meantime, we will offer free curbside delivery for most large, freight-delivered items. Packages continue to ship and deliver as usual
- Monitor all orders in transit and notify customers as soon as possible if there are changes. We will also work with customers to have shipments re-routed to alternate addresses if needed
We believe that by continuing to be there for our customers, we can help support you in creating a space that provides some comfort in these uncertain times. Please continue to stay safe and healthy, and as a community we’ll look forward to brighter days.
CEO, YDesign Group