Charlotte van der Waals is the name of both the designer herself and her industrial design studio based in Amsterdam. Since beginning her design career in the early 1970s, van der Waals has created a wide range of distinctive jewelry, vases, clocks and other home accessories. With these designs, her goal is "aesthetic simplicity," to contain complexity in harmonious, deceptively simple forms.
The World Time Clock is available with the following:
- Black injected ABS barrel case embossed with an international city name for each of the 24 time zones
- Seiko timepiece with 2-yr watch battery
- Made in the Netherlands for Studio TRV
- Designed by Charlotte van der Waals
- Item: Width 1.5", Diameter 1.5"
- Any mechanical clock is expected to make some sort of ticking sound as the hands move. However, there is only potential for this ticking to be really audible and continual if there is a second hand. Otherwise, the clock will be basically silent or with muffled clicks limited to the movement of the minute hand.
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.