In her design of the Tatou collection, Patricia Urquiola was initially inspired by the strength of ancient samurai armor. Her first prototypes--large, heavy and metal--eventually evolved into smaller, lighter silhouettes, made from interwoven bands of polycarbonate. The final design is strong but approachable, evocative of the protective shell of an armadillo (or "tatou," in French). This makes the Flos Tatou S Pendant, says Urquiola, "more or less a gentle domestic companion."
Flos was first established in 1962 in Merano, Italy, to produce high quality modern lighting. This Italian lighting company continues to do so to this day by collaborating with talented international designers and researching the latest lighting technologies and materials. Resulting Flos lighting fixtures are daring and provocative, yet uphold the fundamental principles of good design.
The Tatou S Pendant is available with the following:
- Woven polycarbonate outer shade
- Injection-printed Opal polycarbonate inner diffuser
- Steel supporting hardware
- Round ceiling canopy
- 163.4" suspension cable
- UL Listed
- Designed by Patricia Urquiola
- Small option utilizes one 60 Watt 120 Volt T4 G9 Base Frosted Halogen lamp (included).
- Large option utlizes one 150 Watt 120 Volt BT15 E26 Medium Base Frosted Halogen lamp (not included).
- Small Option: Height 7", Diameter 11"
- Large Option: Height 12.5", Diameter 20"
- Cable: Length 163.4"
- Suspension - Large: Length Adjustable To 175.9"
- Suspension - Small: Length Adjustable To 170.4"
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.
Check out what other customers think...