In 1997, The Modern Fan Company was founded by Ron Rezek to produce ceiling fans that provide superior air circulation, comfort and energy efficiency for contemporary-minded homeowners and design professionals. Having originated the contemporary ceiling fan genre, The Modern Fan Company remains the only company of its kind, committed exclusively to modern ceiling fan design.
The Solus Ceiling Fan with Optional Light is available with the following:
- Light option adds 1" to overall height
- 5 plywood blades
- Round ceiling canopy
- One 5 inch and one 14 inch downrod included
- 12 degree blade pitch
- Airflow: 5302.1 cfm (high, 42" blades); 5877.92 cfm (high, 52" blades)
- Power usage: 69.9 watts (high, 42" blades); 71 watts (high, 52" blades)
- Airflow efficiency: 75.85 cfm/watt (high, 42" blades); 82.79 cfm/watt (high, 52" blades)
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Designed by Ron Rezek
Fan Blade Finish: Aluminum, Maple, White
Fan Body Finish: Brushed Aluminum, Gloss White
Fan Blade Span (inches): 42, 52
Control Option: Fan Speed and Light Control 004, Handheld Remote Control 003, No Control, Three Wire Fan and Light Control 002, Fan Speed Control Only 001, Wall Control with Remote Handset 005
Light Option: 26 Watt Fluorescent, 75 Watt halogen, No Light
- 75 Watt Halogen option utilizes one 75 Watt G9 halogen lamp (included).
- 26 Watt Fluorescent option utilizes one 26 Watt GU24 energy-saving CFL (included).
LumensThe amount of light that comes from a bulb, which has commonly been measured in watts. The more lumens, the brighter the bulb.
WattageA measurement of the power delivered to a component of an electric circuit (allowing a one-ampere current to flow through the component under the pressure of 1 volt.)
Bulb ShapeBulb shapes are denoted with a letter, which describes the shape, and a number, which indicates the size. The number indicates the diameter of the light bulb at its widest part in eighths of an inch.
BaseThe part of the bulb that connects to the fixture and its power supply. Bulb bases are denoted with the letter E, and a number which indicates the diameter of the bulb base at its widest part in millimeters.
VoltageIndicates how much voltage a bulb can accept via the fixture it's installed in.
Light Color TemperatureThe relative color from a light source, measured on the Kelvin temperature scale. Warm light is lower in color temperature (2700-3000 K) and cool, blue light is higher (5000 K).
Average Rated LifeThe average amount time that a bulb is expected to last.
CRICRI = color rendering index. This number, which can go from 0 to 100, measures the ability of a light or bulb accurately renders colors. The higher the number, the better, with most quality bulbs these days measuring at least in the 80s.
- Suspension: Length Adjustable From 15", Adjustable To 24"
- Canopy: Diameter 5.25"
- Fan Body: Height 15", Diameter 9.5"
- Downrod Length: Length 5", Length 14"
Ratings: Based on 1 reviews, this product is rated 5.0 out of 5.Click for this product's energy information.
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.