The signature candies inspired the sweet tones and sumptuous textures of the Mat-The-Basics Smarties Rug. This area rug features a playful and bright pattern of raised circles, hand knotted in tight rows across a flat soumak-woven base. All is made out of plush New Zealand wool.
Mat-The-Basics has pioneered a new type of carpet - refined, handmade rugs that combine innovative design with a dedication to the highest standards of craftsmanship. These carpets, inspired from contemporary shapes and colors, are created using the traditional techniques of skilled weavers including hand-tufting, hand-weaving and hand-knotting methods.
The Smarties Rug is available with the following:
- Made of New Zealand wool
- Hand knotted and soumak weave construction
- Use of underlayment/rug pad is recommended
- Individually numbered CARE & FAIR label
- Made in India
Natural with Multi,
White with Multi
2'8 x 7'10,
3' x 5'4,
4'6 x 6'6,
5'6 x 7'10,
6'6 x 9'9,
8'3 x 11'6,
9' x 12'
- 5'6 x 7'10 Option: Width 5.5', Length 7.83'
- 6'6 x 9'9 Option: Width 6.5', Length 9.75'
- 4'6 x 6'6 Option: Width 4.5', Length 6.5'
- 3' x 5'4 Option: Width 3', Length 5.33'
- 9' x 12' Option: Width 9', Length 12'
- 2'8 x 7'10 Option: Width 2.67', Length 7.83'
- 8'3 x 11'6 Option: Width 8.25', Length 11.5'
- Vacuum regularly, at least once a week and preferably more often in places that are subject to a lot of wear. Always use the flat nozzle when you vacuum. For pile rugs, always finish by vacuuming in the direction of the pile. Remove stains immediately. Knotted rugs should be professionally flat washed or dry cleaned every other year or so. Shake the rug outdoors occasionally in order to lift the pile.
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.
Check out what other customers think...