The ultramodern design of the SAYL® Chair with Adjustable Lumbar Support by Herman Miller® was inspired by the principles of suspension bridges. As such, the back does not have a traditional frame, but instead stretches its signature 3D Intelligent elastomer web from a Y-Tower support. A range of adjustments--including an extra lumbar support--customizes SAYL to your body.
Since its early beginnings in 1905 (then known as the Star Furniture Company), Herman Miller has stood as one of the leaders in ergonomic furniture design and manufacture. Today, with a strong focus on designing furnishings with excellent form and function, this Michigan-based company produces a variety of home and office products that improve the human experience wherever people work, create, learn and live.
The SAYL Chair with Adjustable Lumbar Support is available with the following:
- 87% antimony-free polyester, 13% polyester seat fabric
- 3D Intelligent™ suspension back stretched from Y-Tower
- Tilt limiter and seat angle
- Fully adjustable arms
- Adjustable seat depth
- Adjustable lumbar support
- Arm pads match base finish
- 2.5" black nylon and polyurethane casters for hard floors and carpet
- Tested and warrantied for use by persons 350 lbs and under
- 93% recyclable
- Greenguard certified
- Made in USA
- Designed by Yves Behar
- Lumens is an Authorized Herman Miller Retailer
Base & Y-Tower Finish:
Fog with Studio White
Hard Floor and Carpet
Arm and Seat Option:
Fully Adjustable Arms, Adjustable Seat
- Item: Height Adjustable From 34.25", Adjustable To 38.75", Width 24.5", Depth 19.75"
- Seat: Height Adjustable From 15.5", Adjustable To 20"
- The SAYL Chair is adjustable in just about every way, customizing itself to your body to make work more comfortable and ergonomic. To learn more about SAYL Chair adjustability, go to the Learn More About Herman Miller section on the main Herman Miller page.
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.
Check out what other customers think...