Back in 1939, Ralph Rapson designed the Rapid Rocker, distinguished by the form-fitting curves of its frame. This iconic mid-century modern design inspired the Loll Designs Rapson High Back Lounge. This lounge replicates the original's lovely, comfortable curves but, instead of wood and fabric, is made entirely out of eco-friendly HDPE plastic.
Loll Designs creates "outdoor furniture for the modern lollygagger." Founded in 2003, Loll specializes in the use of recycled materials (primarily plastic milk jugs) to create their long-lasting, low-maintenance and, of course, super-stylish outdoor chairs, tables, benches and other outdoor furnishings. All Loll products are designed and made in Duluth, Minnesota.
The Rapson High Back Lounge is available with the following:
- Made of high-density polyethylene (HDPE)
- Recycled material is sourced primarily from single use milk jug containers
- Stainless steel fasteners and brass inserts
- Suitable for outdoor use
- Includes a UV stabilizer to improve color durability
- Ships flat packed
- Assembly required
- Milk jug count: 352
- Made in USA
- Design inspired by Ralph Rapson
- Seat Back: Height 28.25", Width 22.5"
- Arm: Height 22.75"
- Item: Height 37.25", Width 27.75", Depth 30.75"
- Seat: Height 14.5"
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.
Check out what other customers think...