The Mat-the-Basics Chicago Rug creates luxurious texture underfoot, with a striped design that lends a note of soft modernism to interior spaces. The rug is hand-knotted with Tibetan knots, with a base of New Zealand wool accented by slim viscose stripes. Available in a wide range of colors and sizes.
Mat-The-Basics has pioneered a new type of carpet - refined, handmade rugs that combine innovative design with a dedication to the highest standards of craftsmanship. These carpets, inspired from contemporary shapes and colors, are created using the traditional techniques of skilled weavers including hand-tufting, hand-weaving and hand-knotting methods.
The Chicago Rug is available with the following:
- Made of New Zealand wool and viscose
- Hand knotted construction
- Use of underlayment/rug pad is recommended
- Individually numbered CARE & FAIR label
- Made in India
2'8 x 7'10,
3' x 5'4,
4'6 x 6'6,
5'6 x 7'10,
6'6 x 9'9,
8'3 x 11'6,
9' x 12'
- 5'6 x 7'10 Option: Width 5.5', Length 7.83'
- 6'6 x 9'9 Option: Width 6.5', Length 9.75'
- 4'6 x 6'6 Option: Width 4.5', Length 6.5'
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.