Castore goes big. The Artemide Castore 42 Suspension has an impressive hand blown White glass shade, with a White polycarbonate covered steel tube that partially diffuses some of the light coming through the shade. Comes with your choice of lamping, a standard maximum hanging length of 87.5 inches or an extended length of 177.19 inches.
Since 1959, Artemide has created a wide array of modern table lamps, floor lamps, wall sconces and suspensions. Technologically advanced, and with styles ranging from clean and refined to sculptural and avant garde, many Artemide designs--especially the Tolomeo and Tizio--have become icons of contemporary lighting design.
The Castore 42 Suspension is available with the following:
- Designed by Huub Ubbens, Michele De Lucchi
- Finish: White
- Shade Material: Glass
- Globe-shaped White hand blown glass shade
- Steel supports and tubing covered in White polycarbonate sleeve
- White finish
- Round ceiling canopy
- Field-cuttable stainless steel suspension cable
- Made in Italy
- Designed by Michele De Lucchi and Huub Ubbens, 2003
- Compasso d'Oro, 2004
- Sloped ceiling adaptable (0-30)
- UL Listed
- Made In Italy
- One 26 Watt (1800 Lumens) 120 Volt/277 Volt GX24q-3 4-Pin Base Fluorescent Lamp(s) (Not Included)
- One 32 Watt (2400 Lumens) 120 Volt/277 Volt GX24q-3 4-Pin Base Fluorescent Lamp(s) (Not Included)
- One 150 Watt (2670 Lumens) 120 Volt E26 Medium Base Incandescent Lamp(s) (Not Included)
- Extended Option Canopy: Diameter 6"
- Extended Option Fixture: Height 39", Diameter 16.5"
- Extended Option Suspension: Length Adjustable To 177.19"
- Standard Option Canopy: Diameter 6"
- Standard Option Fixture: Height 39", Diameter 16.5"
- Standard Option Suspension: Length Adjustable To 98.06"
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.