Castore goes big. The Artemide Castore 42 Suspension has an impressive hand blown White glass shade, with a White polycarbonate covered steel tube that partially diffuses some of the light coming through the shade. Comes with your choice of lamping, a standard maximum hanging length of 87.5 inches or an extended length of 177.19 inches.
Since 1959, Artemide has created a wide array of modern table lamps, floor lamps, wall sconces and suspensions. Technologically advanced, and with styles ranging from clean and refined to sculptural and avant garde, many Artemide designs--especially the Tolomeo and Tizio--have become icons of contemporary lighting design.
The Castore 42 Suspension is available with the following:
- Globe-shaped White hand blown glass shade
- Steel supports and tubing covered in White polycarbonate sleeve
- White finish
- Round ceiling canopy
- Field-cuttable stainless steel suspension cable
- UL Listed
- Made in Italy
- Designed by Michele De Lucchi and Huub Ubbens, 2003
- Compasso d'Oro, 2004
- 26W Fluorescent option utilizes one 26 Watt 120 Volt Type T4 GX24q-3 Base Fluorescent lamp (not included).
- 32W Fluorescent option utilizes one 32 Watt 120 Volt Type T4 GX24q-3 Base Fluorescent lamp (not included).
- Incandescent option utilizes one 150 Watt 120 Volt Type A19 E26 Medium Base Incandescent lamp (not included).
- Suspension - Extended: Length Adjustable From 39", Adjustable To 177.19"
- Suspension - Standard: Length Adjustable From 39", Adjustable To 98.06"
- Shade: Diameter 16.5"
- Canopy: Diameter 6"
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.