The light from the the Artemide Castore 25 Suspension shade--a hand blown sphere of White glass--flows part of the way up the supporting steel tube due to the translucent White polycarbonate sleeve. Available with choice of lamping, a standard maximum hanging length of 87.5 inches or an extended length of 177.19 inches.
Since 1959, Artemide has created a wide array of modern table lamps, floor lamps, wall sconces and suspensions. Technologically advanced, and with styles ranging from clean and refined to sculptural and avant garde, many Artemide designs--especially the Tolomeo and Tizio--have become icons of contemporary lighting design.
The Castore 25 Suspension is available with the following:
- Designed by Huub Ubbens, Michele De Lucchi
- Finish: White
- Globe-shaped White hand blown glass shade
- Steel supports and tubing covered in White polycarbonate sleeve
- White finish
- Round ceiling canopy
- Field-cuttable stainless steel suspension cable
- Made in Italy
- Designed by Michele De Lucchi and Huub Ubbens, 2003
- Compasso d'Oro, 2004
- Sloped ceiling adaptable (0-30)
- UL Listed
- Made In Italy
- One 13 Watt (900 Lumens) 120 Volt/277 Volt GX24Q-1 4-Pin Base Fluorescent Lamp(s) (Not Included)
- One 18 Watt (1200 Lumens) 120 Volt/277 Volt GX24q-2 4-Pin Base Fluorescent Lamp(s) (Not Included)
- One 72 Watt (1490 Lumens) 120 Volt E26 Medium Base Halogen Lamp(s) (Not Included)
- Extended Option Fixture: Height 28.25", Diameter 10"
- Extended Option Suspension: Length Adjustable From 28.25", Adjustable To 177.19"
- Standard Option Fixture: Height 28.25", Diameter 10"
- Standard Option Suspension: Length Adjustable From 28.25", Adjustable To 87.5"
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.