The Loll Designs Pliny the Lounger is a modern chair inspired by the distinctive form and bouncy feel of 1940s "motel" chairs. It also marks the first time Loll has incorporated a stainless steel frame in with its usual recycled HDPE plastic. The welded and bent tubular frame has no open ends, and is a single piece designed to last a lifetime.
Loll Designs creates "outdoor furniture for the modern lollygagger." Founded in 2003, Loll specializes in the use of recycled materials (primarily plastic milk jugs) to create their long-lasting, low-maintenance and, of course, super-stylish outdoor chairs, tables, benches and other outdoor furnishings. All Loll products are designed and made in Duluth, Minnesota.
The Pliny the Lounger is available with the following:
- Made of 100% recycled and recyclable high-density polyethylene (HDPE)
- Recycled material is sourced primarily from single use milk jug containers
- 1" tubular stainless steel frame
- Includes a UV stabilizer to improve color durability
- Ships assembled
- Milk Jug count: 80
- Made in USA
- Designed by Sielaff Corporation
- Good Design Award, 2011
- Item: Height 30.5", Width 22", Depth 23.5"
- Arm: Height 24"
- Seat: Height 13.5"
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.