In 1943, Ralph Rapson originally conceived his Cave Chair as plywood with a cushion, inspired by his architectural design for the earth-excavated Cave House. Neither project was built. But today, that over-sized, futuristic, comfortable and fun chair is reimagined entirely in bright and durable recycled HDPE plastic--that's the Loll Designs Rapson Cave Chair.
Loll Designs creates "outdoor furniture for the modern lollygagger." Founded in 2003, Loll specializes in the use of recycled materials (primarily plastic milk jugs) to create their long-lasting, low-maintenance and, of course, super-stylish outdoor chairs, tables, benches and other outdoor furnishings. All Loll products are designed and made in Duluth, Minnesota.
The Rapson Cave Chair is available with the following:
- Material: High-density polyethylene
- Made of 100% recycled and recyclable high-density polyethylene (HDPE)
- Recycled material is sourced primarily from single use milk jug containers
- Stainless steel fasteners and brass inserts
- Includes a UV stabilizer to improve color durability
- Ships flat packed
- Milk Jug count: 352
- Assembly Required
- Warranty: 5 year limited
- Made In USA
- Item: Width 23.5", Height 45", Depth 37.25"
- Seat: Height 14.5"
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.