The heavily industrial design of the Modern Fan Company Solus Ceiling Fan can be mitigated to an extent by the optional white finish, or enhanced by the brushed aluminum one. Even still, the blocky venting on the fan body roots it firmly in the mechanical. It also has a ton of retro appeal, like pocket protectors and horn rim glasses.
In 1997, The Modern Fan Company was founded by Ron Rezek to produce ceiling fans that provide superior air circulation, comfort and energy efficiency for contemporary-minded homeowners and design professionals. Having originated the contemporary ceiling fan genre, The Modern Fan Company remains the only company of its kind, committed exclusively to modern ceiling fan design.
The Solus Ceiling Fan with Optional Light is available with the following:
- Light option adds 1" to overall height
- 5 plywood blades
- Round ceiling canopy
- One 5 inch and one 14 inch downrod included
- 12 degree blade pitch
- Airflow: 5302.1 cfm (high, 42" blades); 5877.92 cfm (high, 52" blades)
- Power usage: 69.9 watts (high, 42" blades); 71 watts (high, 52" blades)
- Airflow efficiency: 75.85 cfm/watt (high, 42" blades); 82.79 cfm/watt (high, 52" blades)
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Designed by Ron Rezek
Fan Body Finish:
Fan Blade Span:
Fan Blade Finish:
26 Watt Fluorescent,
75 Watt halogen,
Fan Speed and Light Control 004,
Fan Speed Control Only 001,
Handheld Remote Control 003,
Three Wire Fan and Light Control 002,
Wall Control with Remote Handset 005
- 26 Watt Fluorescent option utilizes one 26 Watt GU24 energy-saving CFL (included).
- 75 Watt Halogen option utilizes one 75 Watt G9 halogen lamp (included).
- Suspension: Length Adjustable From 15", Adjustable To 24"
- Canopy: Diameter 5.25"
- Fan Body: Height 15", Diameter 9.5"
- Downrod Length: Length 5", Length 14"
Ratings: Based on 1.0 reviews, this product is rated 5.0 out of 5.
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.