An airy, angular look for modern bedrooms. The Copeland Furniture Astrid Bed has deeply splayed legs that create dramatic cantilevers; it's an unexpectedly elegant element that's also a verifiable feat of engineering. This platform bed is made entirely out of solid hardwood with the chosen hand-applied finish protected by a clear conventional or water borne top coat.
Founded in 1976 by Tim Copeland, Copeland Furniture specializes in the production of fine natural hardwood furniture. Continual evolution in Copeland Furniture designs have yielded new and exciting takes on classic Arts & Crafts, Shaker and Scandinavian bedroom, living room, office and dining room furniture. All Copeland Furniture pieces are designed and made at their manufacturing facility located on the banks of the Connecticut River in Bradford, Vermont.
The Astrid Bed is available with the following:
- Made of solid cherry, walnut or maple
- Hand-applied finish and Clear top coat
- Recommended mattress thickness of 8-12" (not included)
- Some assembly required
- Made in USA
Dark Chocolate Maple,
Dark Honey Maple,
Walnut and Dark Chocolate Maple,
- Queen Option Item: Height 14.25", Width 66", Depth 86"
- King Option Item: Height 14.25", Width 82", Depth 86"
- Cal King Option Item: Height 14.25", Width 78", Depth 90"
- Natural variations in solid wood and hand-applied finishes make each piece unique. Slight grain irregularities as well as subtle differences in stain shades are signs that the furniture has been crafted from solid wood, and are considered hallmarks of quality.
- More about top coat options: The Conventional top coat is a clear pre-catalyzed lacquer. The Water Borne top coat is also clear, but has the added benefit of being formaldehyde-free and with low-VOC emissions. Both top coat options are equally durable, resistant to stains, moisture rings and spots, heat damage and light abrasions.
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.