Of the range of Jalwa rugs, the Mat-The-Basics Jalwa 2 shows the least signs of "damage." The jagged edges replicate the effect of burning, while the main body has been given a watermarked effect. It is made out of an old wool rug that has been restored, its edges hand-stitched using re-dyed/overdyed leftover yarns to match the rest of the rug.
Mat-The-Basics has pioneered a new type of carpet - refined, handmade rugs that combine innovative design with a dedication to the highest standards of craftsmanship. These carpets, inspired from contemporary shapes and colors, are created using the traditional techniques of skilled weavers including hand-tufting, hand-weaving and hand-knotting methods.
The Jalwa 2 Rug is available with the following:
- Made of reclaimed and restored old materials (100% wool)
- Hand made construction
- Hand stitched using reclaimed leftover dyed yarns
- Use of underlayment/rug pad is recommended
- Individually numbered CARE & FAIR label
- Made in India
5'2 x 7'6,
7'10 x 9'10
- 5'2 x 7'6 Option: Width 5.17', Length 7.5'
- 7'10 x 9'10 Option: Width 7.83', Length 9.83'
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.