The Mat-The-Basics Sartaj Rug has a vintage look owed much to the old rugs used to make it. The rug is made out of a variety of rectangular pieces from old restored rugs. The pieces are re-dyed or over-dyed as needed to create distinctive and cohesive color palettes. They are hand stitched together into an intriguing patchwork pattern using leftover dyed yarns.
Mat-The-Basics has pioneered a new type of carpet - refined, handmade rugs that combine innovative design with a dedication to the highest standards of craftsmanship. These carpets, inspired from contemporary shapes and colors, are created using the traditional techniques of skilled weavers including hand-tufting, hand-weaving and hand-knotting methods.
The Sartaj Rug is available with the following:
- Made of pieces of reclaimed and restored old rugs (100% wool)
- Rug pieces feature hand tufted construction
- Pieces are re-dyed/over-dyed for more color uniformity
- Pieces are hand stitched together using reclaimed leftover dyed yarns
- Use of underlayment/rug pad is recommended
- Individually numbered CARE & FAIR label
- Made in India
5'2 x 7'6,
6'6 x 9'6,
7'10 x 9'10
- 5'2 x 7'6 Option Width 5.17', Length 7.5':
- 6'6 x 9'6 Option Width 6.5', Length 9.5':
- 7'10 x 9'10 Option Width 7.83', Length 9.83':
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.