While most commonly referring to a South Asian string instrument, sarangi is also widely believed to mean "a hundred colors." The Mat-The-Basics Sarangi Rug gets pretty close. It is made out of pieces of restored vintage wool rugs that have been over-dyed and hand-stitched together using leftover dyed yarn. Each Sarangi Rug is vibrant, exotic and one-of-a-kind.
Mat-The-Basics has pioneered a new type of carpet - refined, handmade rugs that combine innovative design with a dedication to the highest standards of craftsmanship. These carpets, inspired from contemporary shapes and colors, are created using the traditional techniques of skilled weavers including hand-tufting, hand-weaving and hand-knotting methods.
The Sarangi Rug is available with the following:
- Made of pieces of reclaimed and restored old rugs (100% wool)
- Rug pieces feature hand tufted construction
- Pieces are re-dyed/over-dyed for more color uniformity
- Pieces are hand stitched together using reclaimed leftover dyed yarns
- Use of underlayment/rug pad is recommended
- Individually numbered CARE & FAIR label
- Made in India
5'2 x 7'6,
6'6 x 9'6,
7'10 x 9'10
- 5'2 x 7'6 Option: Width 5.17', Length 7.5'
- 6'6 x 9'6 Option: Width 6.5', Length 9.5'
- 7'10 x 9'10 Option: Width 7.83', Length 9.83'
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.