Inject modern spaces with the exotic rhythm of the Mat-The-Basics Santoor Rug. Inspired by the ancient folk instrument of the same name, the rug has an appropriately classic, delicate raised flower motif purposefully and strategically aged with "worn" areas. The rug is as soft as it looks, with a base of hand tufted wool and a subtly shiny viscose pattern.
Mat-The-Basics has pioneered a new type of carpet - refined, handmade rugs that combine innovative design with a dedication to the highest standards of craftsmanship. These carpets, inspired from contemporary shapes and colors, are created using the traditional techniques of skilled weavers including hand-tufting, hand-weaving and hand-knotting methods.
The Santoor Rug is available with the following:
- Made of pure new wool, viscose
- Hand tufted construction
- Back finished with thin, latex-coated net and backing cloth
- Use of underlayment/rug pad is recommended
- Individually numbered CARE & FAIR label
- Made in India
5'6 x 7'10,
8'3 x 11'6
- 5'6 x 7'10 Option: Width 5.5', Length 7.83'
- 8'3 x 11'6 Option: Width 8.25', Length 11.5'
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.