The optimal optical illusion. The Mat-The-Basics Optima Rug is hand tufted with numerous, seemingly random color blocks that give it a pixelated effect; look closely, and you can almost (but not quite) make out a hidden image. It is as soft and comfortable as it is dynamic and super-colorful, made entirely of pure new wool.
Mat-The-Basics has pioneered a new type of carpet - refined, handmade rugs that combine innovative design with a dedication to the highest standards of craftsmanship. These carpets, inspired from contemporary shapes and colors, are created using the traditional techniques of skilled weavers including hand-tufting, hand-weaving and hand-knotting methods.
The Optima Rug is available with the following:
- Made of pure new wool
- Hand tufted construction
- Back finished with thin, latex-coated net and backing cloth
- Use of underlayment/rug pad is recommended
- Individually numbered CARE & FAIR label
- Made in India
5'6 x 7'10,
8'3 x 11'6
- 5'6 x 7'10 Option Width 5.5', Length 7.83':
- 8'3 x 11'6 Option Width 8.25', Length 11.5':
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.