Named after the coastal Spanish city, the Mat-The-Basics Almeria Rug evokes the softness and warmth of its sandy Mediterranean beaches. Against a solid background of semi-worsted New Zealand wool curl two intricately patterned and subtly shiny viscose leaves. The pile is even and smooth throughout the rug, made possible through careful cutting after the initial hand-knotting.
Mat-The-Basics has pioneered a new type of carpet - refined, handmade rugs that combine innovative design with a dedication to the highest standards of craftsmanship. These carpets, inspired from contemporary shapes and colors, are created using the traditional techniques of skilled weavers including hand-tufting, hand-weaving and hand-knotting methods.
The Almeria Rug is available with the following:
- Made of New Zealand wool and viscose
- Hand knotted construction
- Use of underlayment/rug pad is recommended
- Individually numbered CARE & FAIR label
- Made in India
5'6 x 7'10,
8'3 x 11'6
- 5'6 x 7'10 Option: Width 5.5', Length 7.83'
- 8'3 x 11'6 Option: Width 8.25', Length 11.5'
- Vacuum regularly, at least once a week and preferably more often in places that are subject to a lot of wear. Always use the flat nozzle when you vacuum. For pile rugs, always finish by vacuuming in the direction of the pile. Remove stains immediately. Knotted rugs should be professionally flat washed or dry cleaned every other year or so. Shake the rug outdoors occasionally in order to lift the pile.
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.