Glass and metal are melded together in the LEFF Amsterdam Metlev Clock. It features an aluminum ring with simple index-style markers applied directly to a colored glass face. The otherwise flat design is granted a visually greater sense of depth with the movement holder on the back lifting the clock a bit from the wall. Designed by Wiebe Teertstra.
Less of the same, more of the different. That is the philosophy behind the modern clock designs created by LEFF Amsterdam. Founded by Arno Ruijzenaars and based in The Netherlands, LEFF reimagines the form and function of classic timepieces to tell time in new and bold ways. Once you have one of their clocks in your home, you’ll definitely see how LEFF is more.
The Metlev Wall Clock is available with the following:
- Glass face
- Brushed aluminum ring and hands
- Index-style dial
- Japanese quartz movement
- Uses one AA battery (included)
- Includes service pack with battery, mounting hardware, cleaning cloth and 5 year warranty card
- Designed by Wiebe Teertstra, 2011
- Made in The Netherlands
- Item: Diameter 13.8", Depth 1.1"
- Any mechanical clock is expected to make some sort of ticking sound as the hands move. However, there is only potential for this ticking to be really audible and continual if there is a second hand. Otherwise, the clock will be basically silent or with muffled clicks limited to the movement of the minute hand.
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.