Let light set the tone with the LEFF Amsterdam Tone Wall Clock. This monochromatic clock uses texture instead of color to provide a visual contrast between the markings, hands and the rest of the face. The tone-on-tone effect is created with glossy index-style marking and hands set against a matte face. Visibility is dependent on the amount and angle of light.
Less of the same, more of the different. That is the philosophy behind the modern clock designs created by LEFF Amsterdam. Founded by Arno Ruijzenaars and based in The Netherlands, LEFF reimagines the form and function of classic timepieces to tell time in new and bold ways. Once you have one of their clocks in your home, you’ll definitely see how LEFF is more.
The Tone Wall Clock is available with the following:
- Powder-coated stainless steel frame, ABS back
- Matte paper face with transparent glossy print; clear glass front
- Index-style dial
- Japanese quartz movement
- Uses one AA battery (included)
- Includes service pack with battery, mounting hardware, cleaning cloth and 5 year warranty card
- Designed by Wiebe Teertstra, 2012
- Made in The Netherlands
- Item: Diameter 13.8", Depth 2.44"
- Any mechanical clock is expected to make some sort of ticking sound as the hands move. However, there is only potential for this ticking to be really audible and continual if there is a second hand. Otherwise, the clock will be basically silent or with muffled clicks limited to the movement of the minute hand.
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.