Designed by Arne Jacobsen to be utilized for one of his mid-century modernist architectural projects in the 50’s, the Louis Poulsen AJ Eklipta Wall Sconce was used indoors on stairways and outdoors as wall lamps. And this minimalist beauty can still be used in either context today. The handblown White Opal glass shade has a transparent edge, casting a decorative halo of light around the lamp.
When you hear the name Louis Poulsen, you think distinctive modern Danish lighting. From the classic icons of the 1920s to more recent pieces, all Louis Poulsen lighting is created based on a deep-felt respect for architecture, understanding the emotional effect of lighting and the belief that shadow is just as aesthetically important as light. All three aspects manifest themselves in the sculptural layering and comfortable, glare-free light of Louis Poulsen pendants, wall, table and floor lamps.
The AJ Eklipta Wall Sconce is available with the following:
- White powder coated spun aluminum shade
- Handblown White Opal glass diffuser
- Mounts directly to finished surface
- UL Listed for wet locations
- Made in Denmark
- Designed by Arne Jacobsen
- Small option utlizes one 40 Watt 120 Volt Type T4 G9 Incandescent lamp (not included).
- Medium option utilizes one 60 Watt Type A19 E26 Medium Base Incandescent lamp (not included).
- Small Option Fixture: Height 8.7", Diameter 4.2"
- Medium Option Fixture: Height 13.7", Diameter 4.2"
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.