Designed by Arne Jacobsen to be utilized for one of his mid-century modernist architectural projects in the 1950s, the Louis Poulsen AJ Eklipta Wall Sconce was used indoors on stairways and outdoors as wall lamps. And this minimalist beauty can still be used in either context today. The handblown White Opal glass shade has a transparent edge, casting a decorative halo of light around the lamp.
When you hear the name Louis Poulsen, you think distinctive modern Danish lighting. From the classic icons of the 1920s to more recent pieces, all Louis Poulsen lighting is created based on a deep-felt respect for architecture, understanding the emotional effect of lighting and the belief that shadow is just as aesthetically important as light. All three aspects manifest themselves in the sculptural layering and comfortable, glare-free light of Louis Poulsen pendants, wall, table and floor lamps.
The AJ Eklipta Wall Sconce is available with the following:
- Designed by Arne Jacobsen in 1959
- Finish: White
- Material: Powder coated spun aluminum
- Shade Material: Hand-blown White Opal glass
- Mounts directly to finished surface
- UL Listed Wet
- Made In Denmark
- One 40 Watt (450 Lumens) 120 Volt G9 Double Loop Base Halogen Lamp(s) (Not Included)
- One 43 Watt (750 Lumens) 120 Volt E26 Medium Base Halogen Lamp(s) (Not Included)
- Medium Option Fixture Width 4.2", Height 13.7":
- Small Option Fixture Width 4.2", Height 8.7":
Ratings: Based on 1 reviews, this product is rated 5.0 out of 5.
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.