Designed by Bertjan Pot, the Moooi Heracleum II Small Chandelier is a decorative LED fixture inspired by the Heracleum plant. Here, the "leaves" are 45 polycarbonate lenses and can be freely repositioned by rotating around their stem. The branch-like wire frame is a delicate structure that powers the lights with coats of conductive layers (the Electrosandwich technique, devised by fellow Dutchman Marcel Wanders).
Moooi creates modern pendant lighting, lamps, and a unique array of suspension lighting. Founded by Marcel Wanders and first presented in 2001, Moooi creates products that satisfy the customers' desire for individual style, and features designers such as Ross Lovegrove and Erwin Olaf.
The Heracleum II Small LED Chandelier is available with the following:
- Designed by Bertjan Pot in 2012
- Material: Metal wire frame and polycarbonate lenses with a steel canopy
- 45 rotatable polycarbonate lenses (leaves)
- Round ceiling canopy includes power supply
- Field-cuttable suspension cable
- Dimmable only with select low power dimmers (see "More Information" below)
- Powered through Electrosandwich® by Marcel Wanders
- UL Listed
- Made In Netherlands
- Cable: Length 157"
- Canopy: Height 4.3", Diameter 5.1"
- Fixture: Height 20.9", Diameter 28.3"
- Suspension: Length Adjustable To 177.9"
- Recommended dimmers for use with the Heracleum II Small LED Chandelier: GIRA 226200 (replaces 030600) R,L; JUNG 225TDE TRONIC (R,C); JUNG 244HEX20-500 R,L; INSTA 51180 R,L ; PEHA 435 HAN R,L; PEHA 433 HAB TRONIC (R,C); Cooper control iLight system source controllers: SCI0410, SCI0805, SCI1210, SCI1220; UNOTECH, type LD-100P; Lutron LQSA-4A-D & QSNE-4A-D. To find out more, go to www.moooi.com/products/heracleum-ii-small.
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.