The Vitra Cone Clock by George Nelson has a playful, graphic look ideal for modern desk and table tops. It features a cone-shaped body of glossy white polyurethane, with a black clock face punctuated by white hands and hour markers (and a red second hand). It is suspended by a unique three-point base of chromed brass.
Founded in Switzerland in 1950, Vitra produces intelligent and inspiring furniture and accessories for the home, office and other public spaces. Ever mindful of the importance of sustainability in design, Vitra creates furnishings with high quality and versatile style that ensures functional and aesthetic enjoyment for the long term.
The Cone Clock is available with the following:
- Made of black & white polyurethane and brass
- Chrome finish
- High-quality quartz movement
- Includes 1.5V battery
- Made in Switzerland
- Designed by George Nelson
- Item: Height 6.75", Width 5.88", Depth 6"
- Any mechanical clock is expected to make some sort of ticking sound as the hands move. However, there is only potential for this ticking to be really audible and continual if there is a second hand. Otherwise, the clock will be basically silent or with muffled clicks limited to the movement of the minute hand.
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.