A mid-century modern classic design by George Nelson, the Vitra Wheel Clock features 12 walnut rods tipped in silvery aluminum. This seemingly simple design actually creates a unique optical illusion. Stare at the center of the joined rods, and you'll see the wood and aluminum turn into two full circles.
Founded in Switzerland in 1950, Vitra produces intelligent and inspiring furniture and accessories for the home, office and other public spaces. Ever mindful of the importance of sustainability in design, Vitra creates furnishings with high quality and versatile style that ensures functional and aesthetic enjoyment for the long term.
The Wheel Clock is available with the following:
- Made of walnut and aluminum
- High-quality quartz movement
- Includes rechargeable battery
- Made in Switzerland
- Designed by George Nelson
- Any mechanical clock is expected to make some sort of ticking sound as the hands move. However, there is only potential for this ticking to be really audible and continual if there is a second hand. Otherwise, the clock will be basically silent or with muffled clicks limited to the movement of the minute hand.
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.