The name of the Vitra Flock of Butterflies Clock by George Nelson is derived from the clock's multi-dimensional, wing-like structure. Around a warm, textural wood face, numerous triangular cuts of aluminum angle outward from the clock's spindles. Their silvery, reflective surfaces flash with light, lending the clock an overall kaleidoscopic effect.
Founded in Switzerland in 1950, Vitra produces intelligent and inspiring furniture and accessories for the home, office and other public spaces. Ever mindful of the importance of sustainability in design, Vitra creates furnishings with high quality and versatile style that ensures functional and aesthetic enjoyment for the long term.
The Flock of Butterflies Wall Clock is available with the following:
- Made of aluminum and wood
- High-quality quartz movement
- Includes rechargeable battery
- Made in Switzerland
- Designed by George Nelson
- Any mechanical clock is expected to make some sort of ticking sound as the hands move. However, there is only potential for this ticking to be really audible and continual if there is a second hand. Otherwise, the clock will be basically silent or with muffled clicks limited to the movement of the minute hand.
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.