The Chilewich Purl Stripe Shag Indoor / Outdoor Mat takes black and white stripes and softens them...in more ways than one. The tufted manufacture of the rug results in a soft, deeper pile than other Chilewich mats. The contrasting stripes are deliberately spaced from dark to light to blur the edges and give the pattern a painterly effect.
For over a decade, New York based designer Sandy Chilewich has been creating original and innovative vinyl products for the home. Her woven, tufted, molded and spun textiles are available in a range of vibrant and neutral hues that have become synonymous with the Chilewich brand name.
The Purl Stripe Shag Indoor / Outdoor Mat is available with the following:
- Made of tufted vinyl
- Big Mat option features horizontal stripes; Utility Mat option features vertical stripes
- Good in all weather
- Quick to dry
- Mold and mildew resistant
- Made in USA
- Designed by Sandy Chilewich
- Big Mat Option: Width 36", Length 60"
- Utility Mat Option: Width 24", Length 36"
- Please note that stripes run parallel to the long side on doormats and big mats and parallel to the short side on the utility mats and runners.
- Chilewich's Green Practices: In addition to being modern, durable and easy-to-clean, Chilewich textiles are made with eco-friendly materials and "green" processes. During production, the least amount of energy possible is used, and finished textiles are cleaned only with water and bio-degradable detergents. Chilewich flooring includes backing made with post-industrial content, and is certified by the Carpet and Rug Institute's Green Label Plus program, signifying that it meets or exceeds the industry's standards for VOC emissions.
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.