The deep, bowl-like form of the Schmitt Design Caldera Wall Clock was inspired by the sunken forms of volcanic basins. It is at once natural and industrial, with a smooth maple veneer face surrounded by powder-coated, laser cut steel. The hour markers are stylized tabs that appear to hold the wood face in place.
In 2012, Schmitt Design became the new name for Adrift Mobiles, founded by Brian Schmitt. The name change came about as, while still specializing in contemporary mobiles for adults, the company has expanded to include a line of award-winning modern lighting, clocks and furniture. All Schmitt Design pieces are created and manufactured in Sacramento, California.
The Caldera Wall Clock is available with the following:
- Clock face of quarter-sawn maple veneer over MDF
- Bezel surround of laser cut, powder-coated steel
- Uses one AA battery (included)
- Made in USA
- Designed by Brian Schmitt, 2012
- Item: Diameter 11", Depth 3.25"
- Any mechanical clock is expected to make some sort of ticking sound as the hands move. However, there is only potential for this ticking to be really audible and continual if there is a second hand. Otherwise, the clock will be basically silent or with muffled clicks limited to the movement of the minute hand.
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.