Children's building blocks inspired the pleasingly chunky form of the Gus Modern Kipling Glider. Its ergonomic proportions and geometric shape are enhanced by the French seams of the tight upholstery. The chair glides back and forth smoothly and quietly on a recessed wood platform base, making ideal in the nursery or the living room. Matching ottoman sold separately.
Mid-century modern design interpreted with an industrial edge. Such is the modis operandi of Gus* Modern. Every accessory, sofa, sectional, chair and table they design is inspired by simple forms and honest materials. The resulting modern furniture pieces are clean, elegant and versatile, with crisply tailored upholstery and solid, eco-friendly FSC-certified wood frames. Founded in 2000, Gus* Modern is based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
The Kipling Glider is available with the following:
- Fabric upholstery
- Muskoka Surf: 49% cotton/46% polyester/5% linen, Parliament Stone: 100% polyester
- All Gus Modern fabric is Cal 117 certified and double rub tested
- Dacron-wrapped medium density polyurethane foam cushion fill
- FSC-Certified wood frame and base
- Walnut natural wood veneer
- Bumpers on the bottom of base to protect hardwood floor
- Arm: Height 24"
- Item: Height 32", Width 27.5", Depth 34"
- Seat: Height 17", Depth 21"
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.