In her design of the Capelli Stool by Herman Miller®, Carol Catalano used her own entwined fingers as the model. The stool is made out of two identical pieces of molded plywood, with undulating "fingers" that interlock without the need for tools or fasteners. It can then also be unfolded and stacked together for easy storage.
Founded in 1905 (originally as the Star Furniture Company), Herman Miller truly came into its own in the 1950s under the art direction of legendary designer George Nelson. More than 60 years later, many of the original furniture designs from that period continue to be produced. Immediately recognizable mid-century modern design classics by Nelson, Charles and Ray Eames, Alexander Girard and Isamu Noguchi blend together seamlessly with designs from today, creating the altogether cohesive--and altogether iconic--Herman Miller furniture collection.
The Capelli Stool is available with the following:
- Made of alternating dark- and light-stained hardwood inner plies and light ash veneer
- Nylon glides for hard floors or carpet
- Folds for easy storage
- Made in USA
- 5 year warranty
- Ships ready to assemble, no tools required
- IDSA Silver award, 2002
- International Contemporary Furniture Fair, Asahikawa, Japan; Silver Prize, 1999
- Part of the Herman Miller Collection
- Designed by Carol Catalano
- Lumens is an Authorized Herman Miller Retailer
- Item: Height 17", Width 15.5", Depth 13.25"
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.