George Nelson was actually inspired by a chunk of coconut in his design of the Nelson™ Coconut Lounge Chair by Herman Miller®. This unique form is also uniquely comfortable, with a thick foam rubber cushion upholstered in supple Black leather and supported by a sturdy molded plastic shell. The wide, shallow sides let you sit still or change positions with ease.
Founded in 1905 (originally as the Star Furniture Company), Herman Miller truly came into its own in the 1950s under the art direction of legendary designer George Nelson. More than 60 years later, many of the original furniture designs from that period continue to be produced. Immediately recognizable mid-century modern design classics by Nelson, Charles and Ray Eames, Alexander Girard and Isamu Noguchi blend together seamlessly with designs from today, creating the altogether cohesive--and altogether iconic--Herman Miller furniture collection.
The Nelson Coconut Lounge Chair is available with the following:
- Foam rubber cushion in molded plastic shell
- Black leather upholstery
- Bent steel base with nylon glides
- Chrome finish
- Made in USA
- Part of the Herman Miller Collection
- Designed by George Nelson, 1955
- Lumens is an Authorized Herman Miller Retailer
- Item: Height 33", Width 40", Depth 32.75"
- Seat: Height 10.5"
- Herman Miller leather combines the traditions of fine craftsmanship with the latest advances in leather-making technology. To learn more about the care of this leather, go to the Learn More About Herman Miller section on the main Herman Miller page.
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.