After having conquered molded plywood and plastic, Charles & Ray Eames then took on metal. The result is the lightweight, yet strong Eames® Wire Chair by Herman Miller®. Its literally graphic seat is made of welded and chromed metal wire. The lovely engineering continues down through the distinctive "Eiffel Tower" base.
Founded in 1905 (originally as the Star Furniture Company), Herman Miller truly came into its own in the 1950s under the art direction of legendary designer George Nelson. More than 60 years later, many of the original furniture designs from that period continue to be produced. Immediately recognizable mid-century modern design classics by Nelson, Charles and Ray Eames, Alexander Girard and Isamu Noguchi blend together seamlessly with designs from today, creating the altogether cohesive--and altogether iconic--Herman Miller furniture collection.
The Eames Wire Chair is available with the following:
- Made of welded metal wire
- Chrome finish
- Adjustable plastic glides
- Felt bottom glides recommended for hard floors
- 32% recycled content, 100% recyclable
- 5 year warranty
- Made in USA
- Part of the Herman Miller Collection
- Designed by Charles & Ray Eames, 1951
- Lumens is an Authorized Herman Miller Retailer
- Item: Height 32.75", Width 19.75", Depth 21.25"
- Seat: Height 16.5"
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.