The Eames® Molded Plastic Armchair - Wire Base by Herman Miller® is at once comfortable and architectural. Its signature molded polypropylene seat has a deep ergonomic seat pocket, armrests and a smooth waterfall front. Also known as the "Eiffel Tower," the welded wire base rests stably and level on four swiveling glides.
Founded in 1905 (originally as the Star Furniture Company), Herman Miller truly came into its own in the 1950s under the art direction of legendary designer George Nelson. More than 60 years later, many of the original furniture designs from that period continue to be produced. Immediately recognizable mid-century modern design classics by Nelson, Charles and Ray Eames, Alexander Girard and Isamu Noguchi blend together seamlessly with designs from today, creating the altogether cohesive--and altogether iconic--Herman Miller furniture collection.
The Eames Molded Plastic Armchair - Wire Base is available with the following:
- Made of molded polypropylene
- Welded metal wire base with swiveling nylon glides
- Felt bottom glides recommended for hard floors
- 14% recycled content, 99% recyclable
- Greenguard Certified
- 5 year warranty
- Made in USA
- Designed by Charles & Ray Eames, 1950
- Lumens is an Authorized Herman Miller Retailer
- Item: Height 31.75", Width 24.5", Depth 23.5"
- Seat: Height 16.25"
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.