Spanish for "rainbow," the Diamantini & Domeniconi Arcoiris Cuckoo Clock is a fanciful clock that seems to tip its cap at Dorothy as the clock is offered in both Black and White and Multicolor (or, pre-tornado and post-tornado). The quaint cuckoo bird signals a charming chirp on the hour, switching off at night thanks to an included light sensor.
Steeped in rich, handmade cuckoo clock tradition, Italian company Diamantini & Domeniconi reinterprets grandmother's dusty cuckoo into a modern day rockin' robin. Each piece is hand-assembled and meticulously inspected (by their own Cuckoo Man, nonetheless) to ensure the clocks strike the right chord in both modernity and functionality. While known for their contemporary cuckoo clocks, Diamantini & Domeniconi also designs modern clocks where the bird has "flown the coop," as it were.
The Arcoiris Cuckoo Clock is available with the following:
- Made of lacquered wood
- Chirps on the hour
- Features volume control for cuckoo bird (max., min. and off)
- Light sensor switches cuckoo movement off automatically at night
- Quartz movement
- 2 D batteries required (not included)
- Made in Italy
- Designed by Raffaele Darra
Black and White,
- Item: Height 14.17", Width 11.4", Depth 3.74"
- Any mechanical clock is expected to make some sort of ticking sound as the hands move. However, there is only potential for this ticking to be really audible and continual if there is a second hand. Otherwise, the clock will be basically silent or with muffled clicks limited to the movement of the minute hand.
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.