Considered to be the most representative piece from the Diamantini & Domeniconi line, the Diamantini & Domeniconi Cucu Clock features a precision-cut lacquered metal design with pendulum movement--a modern silhouette of yesteryear's cuckoo clocks, without the cuckoo bird. Slightly smaller than the Cucu Cuckoo Clock, also by Diamantini & Domeniconi.
Steeped in rich, handmade cuckoo clock tradition, Italian company Diamantini & Domeniconi reinterprets grandmother's dusty cuckoo into a modern day rockin' robin. Each piece is hand-assembled and meticulously inspected (by their own Cuckoo Man, nonetheless) to ensure the clocks strike the right chord in both modernity and functionality. While known for their contemporary cuckoo clocks, Diamantini & Domeniconi also designs modern clocks where the bird has "flown the coop," as it were.
The Cucu Clock is available with the following:
- Made of lacquered laser cut metal
- Quartz movement
- Pendulum movement
- 1 AA battery required (not included)
- Does not contain a cuckoo bird
- Design is slightly smaller than the Cucu Cuckoo Clock
- Made in Italy
- Designed by Pascal Tarabay
- Item: Height 27", Width 14", Depth 2"
- Any mechanical clock is expected to make some sort of ticking sound as the hands move. However, there is only potential for this ticking to be really audible and continual if there is a second hand. Otherwise, the clock will be basically silent or with muffled clicks limited to the movement of the minute hand.
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.