The Fritz Hansen Super-Elliptical Shaker Base Table was made for the modern communal dining experience. Its extended oval shape creates a truly "democratic" table, giving each person around it an equal position. Available in four sizes and a variety of tabletop materials, all with classically styled Shaker bases. Designed by Piet Hein and Bruno Mathsson, 1968.
Established in 1872 in Copenhagen, Fritz Hansen has since come to epitomize the mid-century Danish Modern aesthetic. Blending craftsmanship with innovation, Fritz Hansen is particularly well-noted for their laminated and molded wood veneer furniture. Pieces from Vico Magistretti, Piero Lissoni and, especially, Arne Jacobsen have become icons of modern furniture design.
The Super-Elliptical Shaker Base Table is available with the following:
- Laminate, veneer or linoleum top with beveled edge profile
- Laminate and Linoleum tables have a Matte Polished aluminum edge
- Beech table has a wood edge
- Walnut has a wood or Matte Polished aluminum edge
- Base in Satin Polished aluminium
- Made in Denmark
- Designed by Piet Hein, Bruno Mathsson, and Arne Jacobsen, 1968
Walnut with Aluminum,
- 118.1 inch Option Item: Height 28.3", Width 118.1", Depth 47.2"
- 94.5 inch Option Item: Height 28.3"
- 70.9 inch Option Item: Height 28.3"
- 165.4 inch Option Item: Height 28.3"
- 70.9 inch Option Item: Width 70.9"
- 94.5 inch Option Item: Width 94.5"
- 165.4 inch Option Item: Width 165.4"
- 94.5 inch Option Item: Depth 47.2"
- 70.9 inch Option Item: Depth 47.2"
- 165.4 inch Option Item: Depth 55.1"
- Fritz Hansen is dedicated to preserving the legacy of their original furniture designs. To this end, all authentic Fritz Hansen products come with a label that has a unique ID number, the name of the designer, the year of manufacture and origin. A personally signed certificate is also included, showing that the piece has gone through Fritz Hansen's premium quality check.
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.