The Fritz Hansen Square Pedestal Base Table was designed in 1968 by Arne Jacobsen as part of the extensive Table Series. It features a sleek square top made out of laminate, linoleum or wood veneer. Its distinctive star-shaped aluminum base and steel pedestal was designed by Jacobsen in collaboration with Piet Hein and Bruno Mathsson.
Established in 1872 in Copenhagen, Fritz Hansen has since come to epitomize the mid-century Danish Modern aesthetic. Blending craftsmanship with innovation, Fritz Hansen is particularly well-noted for their laminated and molded wood veneer furniture. Pieces from Vico Magistretti, Piero Lissoni and, especially, Arne Jacobsen have become icons of modern furniture design.
The Square Pedestal Base Table is available with the following:
- Laminate, wood veneer or linoleum top with beveled edge profile
- Laminate and Linoleum tables have a Matte Polished aluminum edge
- Beech table has a wood edge
- Walnut has a wood or Matte Polished aluminum edge
- 4-point star base in Satin Polished aluminum with a Satin Chromed steel pedestal
- Made in Denmark
- Designed by Arne Jacobsen, 1968
Walnut with Aluminum,
- Item: Height 28.3", Width 31.5", Depth 31.5"
- Fritz Hansen is dedicated to preserving the legacy of their original furniture designs. To this end, all authentic Fritz Hansen products come with a label that has a unique ID number, the name of the designer, the year of manufacture and origin. A personally signed certificate is also included, showing that the piece has gone through Fritz Hansen's premium quality check.
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.