In 1968, the Fritz Hansen Rectangular Shaker Base Table was created via a collaboration between designers Piet Hein, Bruno Mathsson and Arne Jacobsen as part of their exhaustive Table Series. A sleek rectangular laminate, linoleum or wood top sits on a classically styled Shaker base, made out of modern Satin Polished aluminum.
Established in 1872 in Copenhagen, Fritz Hansen has since come to epitomize the mid-century Danish Modern aesthetic. Blending craftsmanship with innovation, Fritz Hansen is particularly well-noted for their laminated and molded wood veneer furniture. Pieces from Vico Magistretti, Piero Lissoni and, especially, Arne Jacobsen have become icons of modern furniture design.
The Rectangular Shaker Base Table is available with the following:
- Laminate, veneer or linoleum top with beveled edge profile
- Laminate and Linoleum tables have a Matte Polished aluminum edge
- Beech table has a wood edge
- Walnut has a wood or Matte Polished aluminum edge
- Aluminum base
- Satin Polished finish
- Made in Denmark
- Designed by Piet Hein, Bruno Mathsson, and Arne Jacobsen, 1968
Walnut with Aluminum,
- Item: Height 28.3", Width 63", Depth 31.5"
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.