The Swan widens its embrace with the Fritz Hansen Swan Sofa - Leather. This sofa yet retains the original chair's sense of comfort and protection with the signature curves of the arms and back, covered here in supple leather upholstery. It sits atop a stable shaker-style aluminum base. Designed by Arne Jacobsen in 1958.
Established in 1872 in Copenhagen, Fritz Hansen has since come to epitomize the mid-century Danish Modern aesthetic. Blending craftsmanship with innovation, Fritz Hansen is particularly well-noted for their laminated and molded wood veneer furniture. Pieces from Vico Magistretti, Piero Lissoni and, especially, Arne Jacobsen have become icons of modern furniture design.
The Swan Sofa - Leather is available with the following:
- Leather upholstery
- Shaker base made of molded aluminum with black-grey synthetic leg ferrules
- Satin Polished Aluminum finish
- Shell made of cold cured polyurethane foam with fiberglass reinforcement
- Made in Denmark
- Designed by Arne Jacobsen, 1958
Black Basic Leather,
Black Brown Classic Leather,
Black Classic Leather,
Black Elegance Leather,
Bright Red Classic Leather,
Cognac Classic Leather,
Indian Red Elegance Leather,
Optical White Leather,
Walnut Classic Leather,
Walnut Elegance Leather,
- Arm: Height 22.83"
- Item: Height 31.1", Width 56.69", Depth 29.13"
- Seat: Height 15.75"
- Fritz Hansen is dedicated to preserving the legacy of their original furniture designs. To this end, all authentic Fritz Hansen products come with a label that has a unique ID number, the name of the designer, the year of manufacture and origin. A personally signed certificate is also included, showing that the piece has gone through Fritz Hansen's premium quality check.
Need help with some of our terminology? Check out Lumens' Lighting & Design Glossary.